Anyone may use the Internet to search library catalogs for books and other materials. However, to check out materials from a distant library, you will either need to have borrower privileges or fill out an Interlibrary Loan form. A selection of catalogs is listed below.
- New Chemeketa Library Search
- Chemeketa's new search tool.
- Summit Catalog (ORBIS Cascade Alliance)
- The old Summit catalog has been retired. Summit records will now appear in Chemeketa's library search (see above). Users can request items from Summit by clicking Place Summit request in the Get It tab for the item.
Other Salem Area Library Catalogs
- CCRLS Libraries Catalog
- The catalog of public libraries in the Chemeketa Cooperative Library Service (public libraries in Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties).
- State of Oregon
- State Library Catalog
- A good place to look for documents issued by the state of Oregon.
Other Oregon Libraries
- Libraries of Oregon
- Access to Oregon public libraries and state-wide library resources such as research tutorials, article databases and Answerland virtual reference service.
Libraries - National and International
- A collection of approximately 12 million records. Includes books, sound
recordings, videos, and other materials. For further information about
the Library of Congress, see "About
- Library WWW Servers
- Collection of library catalogs from around the world. Browse by location
or do a keyword search.
- lib-web-cats: A directory of libraries and online catalogs on the Web [by Marshall Breeding]
- Searchable listing of 4,500 libraries worldwide.
- LOCATORplus (National
Library of Medicine)
- The catalog of the world's largest medical library. For further information on LOCATORplus, see the
LOCATORplus Fact Sheet.
- National Library Catalogues Worldwide
- International collection of national libraries. Arranged alphabetically
- Open WorldCat
- Use this search to find records in WorldCat's collection of over 1 billion items. WorldCat is the public user interface for OCLC, one of the world's largest library networks.
For more information about library catalogs, contact the Reference Department at: 503.399.5231 or e-mail Reference, or visit us: Salem Campus Building 9, second floor; Yamhill Valley Campus Building 1, second floor.