Anyone may use the Internet to search library catalogs for books and other materials. However, to check out materials from a distant library, you will either need to have borrower privileges or fill out an Interlibrary Loan form. A selection of catalogs is listed below.
- New Chemeketa Library Search
- Preview Chemeketa's new search tool.
- Summit Catalog (ORBIS Cascade Alliance)
- The old Summit catalog is being retired. Summit records will now appear in Chemeketa's default search (see above). For a short time, automated Summit borrowing will be unavailable. Chemeketa users will still be able to request a Summit item by filling out the interlibrary loan form linked to its library record. Summit 3, with automated borrowing, is expected to be available some time in January.
Other Salem Area Library Catalogs
- State of Oregon
- State Library Catalog
- A good place to look for documents issued by the state of Oregon.
Other Oregon Libraries
- Libraries of Oregon
- Access to Oregon public libraries and state-wide library resources such as research tutorials, article databases and L-Net virtual reference service.
- Oregon Public Libraries on the Web
- Alphabetical collection of Oregon Public libraries on the Web. Hosted by the Oregon State Library.
- A collection of approximately 12 million records. Includes books, sound
recordings, videos, and other materials. For further information about
the Library of Congress, see "About
- Library WWW Servers
- Collection of library catalogs from around the world. Browse by location
or do a keyword search.
- lib-web-cats: A directory of libraries and online catalogs on the Web [by Marshall Breeding]
- Searchable listing of 4,500 libraries worldwide.
- LOCATORplus (National
Library of Medicine)
- The catalog of the world's largest medical library. For further information on LOCATORplus, see the
LOCATORplus Fact Sheet.
- National Library Catalogues Worldwide
- International collection of national libraries. Arranged alphabetically
- Open WorldCat
- Use this search to find records in WorldCat's collection of over 1 billion items. WorldCat is the public user interface for OCLC, one of the world's largest library networks.
Libraries - National and International
For more information about library catalogs, contact the Reference Department at: 503.399.5231 or e-mail Reference, or visit us: Salem Campus Building 9, second floor; Yamhill Valley Campus Building 1, second floor.