Anyone may use the Internet to search library catalogs for books and other materials. However, to check out materials, you will either need to have borrower privileges or fill out an Interlibrary Loan form. A selection of catalogs is listed below.
- Chemeketa Library Catalog
- Chemeketa's library catalog, which can also be used to find and request the materials of the public libraries in our local system (CCRLS).
- Summit Catalog (ORBIS Cascade Alliance)
Summit is a single catalog for numerous academic libraries in Oregon and Washington. It uses a search called WorldCat. For further information on
Summit, see Summit Help. You may start a search in Summit, or go to the Chemeketa Library Catalog and pass your search through to Summit using the Search Summit button. Because Chemeketa is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, Chemeketa students taking at least one credit hour and Chemeketa employees may request items in Summit and have them sent to Chemeketa, or they may set up a Visiting Patron account. For help with Summit requests, please contact the reference desk at 503.399.5231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Salem Area Library Catalogs
- Mark O. Hatfield Library Catalog
- Willamette University's Library Catalog.
- State of Oregon
- State Library Catalog
- A good place to look for documents issued by the state of Oregon.
Other Oregon Libraries
- Libraries of Oregon
- Access to Oregon public libraries and state-wide library resources such as research tutorials, article databases and L-Net virtual reference service.
- Oregon Public Libraries on the Web
- Alphabetical collection of Oregon Public libraries on the Web. Hosted by the Oregon State Library.
- A collection of approximately 12 million records. Includes books, sound
recordings, videos, and other materials. For further information about
the Library of Congress, see "About
- Library WWW Servers
- Collection of library catalogs from around the world. Browse by location
or do a keyword search.
- lib-web-cats: A directory of libraries and online catalogs on the Web [by Marshall Breeding]
- Searchable listing of 4,500 libraries worldwide.
- LOCATORplus (National
Library of Medicine)
- The catalog of the world's largest medical library. For further information on LOCATORplus, see the
LOCATORplus Fact Sheet.
- National Library Catalogues Worldwide
- International collection of national libraries. Arranged alphabetically
- Open WorldCat
- Use this search to find records in WorldCat's collection of over 1 billion items. WorldCat is the public user interface for OCLC, one of the world's largest library networks.
Libraries - National and International
For more information about library catalogs, contact the Reference Department at: 503.399.5231 or e-mail Reference, or visit us in Building 9, second floor.