How To Use Library Databases
Here are some basic instructions for databases to which the library subscribes. The databases also include extensive online help within the database itself.
- ARTstor: Accessing and Using ARTStor Image Database
- Provides links to instructional handouts on ARTstor Image Database.
- Chemical Dependency As a Disease
- There are lots of articles to support the idea that addiction is a disease, but finding them isn't straightforward. Here are some search tips.
- CINAHL - Cumulated Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
- CINAHL is available through the EBSCOhost service, but has some features which are different from most EBSCOhost databases. This guide tells how to use CINAHL and addresses some frequently-asked questions about searching in CINAHL.
- Citing Articles from Online Databases
- How to cite periodicals accessed through electronic databases such as Gale and the LexisNexis and electronic books from netLibrary using either APA or MLA styles.
- Gale/Infotrac Databases
- The library subscribes to over a dozen periodical article databases and several reference databases through Gale Cengage, including our most commonly used periodical indexes.
- Lexis Nexis: the Basics
- A guide to using the database for simple news, business, and biographical searches.
- Literature Resouce Center: A Guide to the Basics
- Guide to using a literature reference database providing biographical and critical information on literary figures from all time periods.
- Pro & Con: Finding Materials That Support a Position
- How to find books, articles, and Web sites that support a particular position.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/datahelp.php