How To Use Library Databases
Here are some basic instructions for databases to which the library subscribes. The databases also include extensive online help within the database itself.
- ARTstor: Accessing and Using ARTStor Image Database
- Provides links to instructional handouts on ARTstor Image Database.
- Chemical Dependency As a Disease
- There are lots of articles to support the idea that addiction is a disease, but finding them isn't straightforward. Here are some search tips.
- CINAHL - Cumulated Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
- CINAHL is available through the EBSCOhost service, but has some features which are different from most EBSCOhost databases. This guide tells how to use CINAHL and addresses some frequently-asked questions about searching in CINAHL.
- Citing Articles from Online Databases
- How to cite periodicals accessed through electronic databases such as Gale and the LexisNexis and electronic books from netLibrary using either APA or MLA styles.
- Gale/Infotrac Databases
- The library subscribes to over a dozen periodical article databases and several reference databases through Gale Cengage, including our most commonly used periodical indexes.
- Lexis Nexis: the Basics
- A guide to using the database for simple news, business, and biographical searches.
- Literature Resouce Center: A Guide to the Basics
- Guide to using a literature reference database providing biographical and critical information on literary figures from all time periods.
- Pro & Con: Finding Materials That Support a Position
- How to find books, articles, and Web sites that support a particular position.
The links below are to brief Youtube videos produced by Chemeketa Community College librarians. Click on CC for captions. The gear icon provides image quality options including HD.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/datahelp.phpupdate