Aids for Searching on the Internet
Here are tools to assist in developing Internet search skills. Included are self-paced tutorials as well as Internet sites that track and review various search engines, subject directories, and other Internet search tools.
- Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial
- Excellent self-guided tutorial from U.C. Berkeley. Includes comparisons of different search engines.
- TILT Information Literacy Tutorial
- A fun animated tutorial from the University of Texas. Requires Shockwave. 1)Click "Full Tilt," near the bottom of the screen. 2)Then click "Enter Tilt" at the bottom of the "Get Ready Page. 3)On the "Registration" page, click "Guests" to enter without registering.
- Search Engine Watch
- Edited by Danny Sullivan, this site includes reviews, ratings, and tests of a wide range of Internet search tools.
- Search Engine Showdown
- Developed and maintained by Greg Notes, a reference librarian at Montana State University, this site includes reviews and statistics on various search tools.
- Guía de ayuda; vea "Tips y atajos" para encontrar ayuda básica.
- Aprenda la Red
- Guía que explique como usar navegadores Web, como buscar en la Web, y más.
Guides to Internet Search Tools
Guías en español
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/searchhelp.php
Updated: 23 September 2013