© Science Photo Library; courtesy of Britannica ImageQuest
Resources for students in hemodialysis technician program
This is a sampling of books from our reference collection that may be helpful. If you are off campus you will need your My Chemeketa user name and password.
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Gale Encyclopedia Of Nursing And Allied Health
- Magill's Medical Guide (Salem health)
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary
- Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary
- Oxford Companion to Medicine
Here are indexes that cover most of the journals in Chemeketa's library. No one index covers every journal, so if you do not find what you need in one, try another. If you are off campus you will need your My Chemeketa user name and password.
- CINAHL (covers Nephrology nursing journal and other nursing journals) - How to use
- Gale databases (easy search with many full text articles in this area) - How to use
- ScienceDirect College Edition Health & Life Sciences Collection (covers many current journals; keyword search only; full-text articles are marked with an icon )
- MEDLINE (National Library of Medicine database) - How to use MEDLINE to search for evidence-based articles; - How to use the Medical Subject Headings
Some of Chemeketa's journals are available in paper in the periodicals section of the library. They are shelved alphabetically by title. Most of Chemeketa's journals are online. If you are off campus you will need your My Chemeketa user name and password.
- Links to our online nephrology journals
- Links to our online urology journals
- Journal Of Vascular Nursing
- American Journal of Nephrology (after 12 mo.)
- BMC Nephrology
- Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN (after 12 mo.)
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology: JASN (after 12 mo.)
- International Journal of Nephrology
- Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation (after 12 mo.)
If you find a reference to an article in a journal Chemeketa does not have, you can request it by filling out an Interlibrary loan form.
Books and audiovisual materials
Use the Library Search to to look for books, e-books, and other resources.
To access electronic books, follow the link in the catalog; if you are off campus you will need your My Chemeketa user name and password.
Some resources in Chemeketa's library:
- Books and other materials relating to the kidneys
- Books and other materials relating to communication
- Books and other materials relating to ypertension
- Medical ethics
- Patient education
You can request hard copy items through the catalog to be delivered to the Yamhill Valley Campus, or to one of the numerous pickup locations of Summit (in Oregon and Washington).
If you do not find what you need in our library , you can request items from the Summit (Orbis Cascade Alliance) libraries, where you can choose from approximately 28 million items in 37 college and university libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
To access electronic books, follow the View It link in the library search results; if you are off campus you will need your My Chemeketa user name and password.
The librarians are happy to assist you.
- Yamhill campus library: 503.316.3238
- Questions about your account: (checked out materials, obtaining a barcode, overdues, etc.) - Please call Circulation at 503.399.5043 or email Circulation.
- Questions about finding information or resources: - Get in touch with Reference.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/virtual/hemo.php
Updated 16 December 2014