Resources for students in pharmacy programs
- Getting help with the library
Some resources in Chemeketa's library:
- Pharmacy books - all (Click Submit on result screen to see titles)
- Pharmacy books - e-books
- Pharmaceutical arithmetic
- Pharmaceutical ethics
- Pharmacy management
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical history
You can request items through the catalog to be delivered to the Yamhill Valley Campus, to one of the CCRLS Public libraries (in Marion, Polk or Yamill Counties), or to one of the numerous pickup locations of Summit (in Oregon and Washington).
If you do not find what you need in our library or the libraries of the CCRLS district, you can pass your search through to Summit, where you can choose from approximately 28 million items in 36 college and university libraries in Oregon and Washington. See About Summit for details and instructions.
This is a sampling of books from our reference collection that may be helpful.
- The Gale encyclopedia of alternative medicine
- Gale encyclopedia of medicine
- Gale encyclopedia of nursing and allied health
- Magill's medical guide (Salem health)
- Mosby's Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health Dictionary
- Oxford concise medical dictionary
- Oxford companion to medicine
Learning Express is a database that includes, tutorials and test preparation materials. It includes a "Pharmacy Technician career starter" and a full-text pharmacy technician exam preparation book (in the Allied Health section of Jobs and Careers). You can log into Learning express through Chemeketa (use your My Chemeketa user name and password) or through your public library in the CCRLS district (in Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties - use your public library barcode), or through another library in Oregon. You must create a free account the first time you log in. Learning Express is provided by the Oregon State Library.
Here are indexes that cover most of the journals in Chemeketa's library. No one index covers every journal, so if you do not find what you need in one, try another.
- CINAHL nursing and allied health journals)
- Gale databases (easy search with many full text articles in this area)
- ScienceDirect College Edition Health & Life Sciences Collection (covers many current pharmacy-related journals; keyword search only)
- MEDLINE (the largest and most comprehensive database)
Most of Chemeketa's journals are online. A few of Chemeketa's journals are available in paper in the periodicals section of the library. They are shelved alphabetically by title.
- Online journals of pharmacy, therapeutics, & pharmacology (160+ titles)
- Primary care drug alerts (Paper journal; link to list of issues)
If you find a reference to an article in a journal Chemeketa does not have, you can request it by filling out an Interlibrary loan form.
The librarians are happy to assist you.
- Questions about your account: (checked out materials, obtaining a barcode, overdues, etc.) - Please call Circulation at 503.399.5043 or email Circulation.
- Questions about finding information or resources: - Get in touch with Reference.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/subject/pharmacy.php
Updated 21 March 2013