Resources for students in speech-language pathology assisting
Use the Library Search to find books. Limit your search to books by selecting the Books resource type under Refine My Results. Chemeketa books will show as Available, with a green disc indicator, followed by the location and call number.
You may have to do several searches to find books that might be pertinent to your subject.
Books not owned by Chemeketa may be requested through Summit or via interlibrary loan.
Chemeketa students registered for credit may request Summit books from other Orbis Cascade Alliance libraries. The Orbis Cascade Alliance is made up of 37 member libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Authorized users have access to all of the material in the Chemeketa Community College library, plus about 28 million items in Summit.
Some resources in Chemeketa's library:
- Cleft palate
- Hearing disorders and issues
- Hearing impaired children -- Education
- Communication disorders
- Language disorders
- Speech disorders
- Voice disorders
This is a sampling of books from our reference collection that may be helpful.
- Deafness and hearing impairment
- Encyclopedia of education and human development
- Encyclopedia of the brain and brain disorders
- Gallaudet encyclopedia of deaf people and deafness
- MIT Encyclopedia of communication disorders
- Mosby's Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health Dictionary
- Oxford concise medical dictionary
- Supplementary Dictionary of Audiology
Here are indexes that cover most of the journals in Chemeketa's library. No one index covers every journal, so if you do not find what you need in one, try another.
You can do simple keyword searches in CINAHL, but if you'd like to learn how to use CINAHL headings, there are tutorials on CINAHL at How To Use CINAHL.
Video tutorials on MEDLINE are available: How to Use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and How to Use MEDLINE to find evidence-based research
Some of Chemeketa's journals are available in paper in the periodicals section of the library. They are shelved alphabetically by title. Most of Chemeketa's journals are online; they are linked in the list below.
- Journal of deaf studies and deaf education (after 12 mo.)
If you find a reference to an article in a journal Chemeketa does not have, you can request it by filling out an Interlibrary loan form.
The librarians are happy to assist you.
- Questions about your account: (checked out materials, obtaining a barcode, overdues, etc.) - Please call Circulation at 503.399.5043 or email Circulation.
- Questions about finding information or resources: - Get in touch with Reference.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/virtual/speechpath.php
Updated: 16 December 2014