Resources for students in speech-language pathology assisting
Some resources in Chemeketa's library:
- Cleft palate
- Hearing disorders and issues
- Hearing impaired children -- Education
- Speech, language, voice, communication disorders - All books
- Speech, language, voice, communication disorders - E-books only
You can request items through the catalog to be delivered to the Yamhill Valley Campus, to one of the CCRLS Public libraries (in Marion, Polk or Yamill Counties), or to one of the numerous pickup locations of Summit (in Oregon and Washington).
If you do not find what you need in our library or the libraries of the CCRLS district, you can pass your search through to Summit, where you can choose from approximately 28 million items in 36 college and university libraries in Oregon and Washington. See About Summit for details and instructions.
This is a sampling of books from our reference collection that may be helpful.
- Deafness and hearing impairment
- Encyclopedia of education and human development
- Encyclopedia of the brain and brain disorders
- Gallaudet encyclopedia of deaf people and deafness
- MIT Encyclopedia of communication disorders
- Mosby's Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health Dictionary
- Oxford concise medical dictionary
- Supplementary Dictionary of Audiology
Here are indexes that cover most of the journals in Chemeketa's library. No one index covers every journal, so if you do not find what you need in one, try another.
You can do simple keyword searches in CINAHL, but if you'd like to learn how to use CINAHL headings, there are tutorials on CINAHL at How To Use CINAHL.
Video tutorials on MEDLINE are available: How to Use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and How to Use MEDLINE to find evidence-based research
Some of Chemeketa's journals are available in paper in the periodicals section of the library. They are shelved alphabetically by title. Most of Chemeketa's journals are online; they are linked in the list below.
- Journal of deaf studies and deaf education (after 12 mo.)
If you find a reference to an article in a journal Chemeketa does not have, you can request it by filling out an Interlibrary loan form.
The librarians are happy to assist you.
- Questions about your account: (checked out materials, obtaining a barcode, overdues, etc.) - Please call Circulation at 503.399.5043 or email Circulation.
- Questions about finding information or resources: - Get in touch with Reference.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/virtual/speechpath.php
Updated 13 August 2014