Background on Biometrics
If you are not familiar with the concept of biometrics, you may wish to look at the following article from the Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics, Biometrics, before choosing an article to report on.
How to access the articles
The magazine articles are available online in one of Chemeketa's databases. When you click one of the titles below from a computer off campus, you will be asked for your My Chemeketa user name and password.
- First Look: Startup Readies Heartbeat-Based Authentication
- The rise of voice biometrics as a key security solution
- Ban the scan? Biometrics come under fire 4: some school districts think biometrics are a key to faster lunch service. But not everyone believes the technology is worth the risks
- BankThink: Overcoming the Barriers to Biometrics
- iPads could pick up on unique biological traits in individual hand gestures
- Voice Biometrics Poised for Fraud Prevention Comeback
- SRI International showcases its iris recognition technology at ISC West
- Fingerprint security is not the future
How to cite the articles
The bibliographic format for citing articles in electronic sources is different from that for citing articles from a print magazine. The format for citing articles from a library database in both MLA and APA styles is given at http://library.chemeketa.edu/instruction/citing.php
More information on using MLA format is given at The OWL at Purdue - MLA.
Information on using APA format is given at The Owl at Purdue - APA.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/instruction/handouts/BA214
Updated: 26 June 2014