- Oregon Building Codes Division -- http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/bcd/
- has all the most current news and information on Oregon building codes and links to selected online Oregon Specialty Codes.
- Oregon Building Officials Association -- http://www.oboaonline.org/
- provides links to information on code development, standards committee, job opportunities and more.
- The Oregon Blue Book -- http://bluebook.state.or.us/
- gives information about Oregon government agencies and legislators, as well as other state data.
- Find Your Legislator -- http://www.leg.state.or.us/findlegsltr/
- Enter your address to find state and federal representatives.
Sites Related To Building Construction and Codes
- International Code Council (ICC) -- http://www.iccsafe.org/
- is the organization that agrees on building standards and issues the International Building Code. Use the search to find information in ICC publications.
- ICC Evaluation Reports -- http://www.icc-es.org/Evaluation_Reports/index.shtml
- lets you look up and read reports on various building materials.
- Municipal Code Corporation -- http://www.municode.com/Library/Library.aspx
- This site has links to the codes of cities in other states.
- City of Salem Revised Codes -- http://www.cityofsalem.net/Departments/Legal/Pages/SalemRevisedCodes.aspx
- Municipal code for the City of Salem
- Blue Book Of Building & Construction -- http://www.thebluebook.com/
- site is a directory of construction and building businesses, with regional search available. It includes links to company Web sites.
Other Useful Information
- American National Standards Institute -- http://web.ansi.org/
- is the organization that administers the voluntary system of standardization in the United States. You can search for U.S. standards and purchase them in electronic or paper form.
- Calculators On-Line -- http://www.martindalecenter.com/Calculators.html
- has links to thousands of different special-purpose calculators. Click "Engineering Calculators" to find those relating to piping, beam loading, and other building-related matters.
- Geographic Names Information System --
- http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic gives access to USGS Mapping Information. A search returns feature type, elevation, state & county, latitude & longitude, synonyms, and a list of maps for features in the United States and Antarctica.
- Latitude and Longitude Lookup --
- http://www.calculatorcat.com/latitude_longitude.phtml --
- includes a latitude/longitude converter for decimal to degrees and back again.
- Merriam-Webster Online http://www.m-w.com/ --
- has Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and Collegiate Thesaurus for you to look up words.
Finding Books and Audio-visual Materials
To find books or audio-visual materials in the library collection, use the library library search. The search rsults include items at Chemeketa Community College library as well as materials at many college and university libraries in the Pacific Northwest. You can request these Summit items through the catalog.
Most books checkout for three weeks with your Chemeketa student ID card. Reference materials are for in-library use only.
Finding Articles in Newspapers and Magazines
Browsing or "What's Available?"
From the Journal Lists page at http://library.chemeketa.edu/information/journals.htm click on Look Up Electronic Journals. Change the search to "Title contains all words" and try searching for "construction" or "building." The results will include a list of periodicals available in full text. Articles can be read online, printed, or e-mailed.
Searching for a Topic
From the library's homepage at http://library.chemeketa.edu click on Articles & Databases. Choose the database you would like to search in. For construction industry related magazines, try using Business Insights: Global.
Updated: December 2014
or call (503)399-5231.
Address of this page: HTTP://library.chemeketa.edu/instruction/handouts/BLD193.htm