Preparing for the Changing Workplace (FE220)
The Career Exloration guide leads to both printed and online sources about careers, including occupational outlook and labor market information.
Where To Search For Jobs
The Job Search pathfinder provides online places to look for work. See also our Useful Career Sites page for additional sources.
The library has prepared a site to guide you in finding out more information about potential employers. Emphasis is on commercial businesses.
Service Learning Opportunities
Service learning is usually organized by a school, such as Chemeketa, in connection with a course of study. You may also wish to explore on your own for volunteer or internship experiences that can give you valuable job experience. Here are some sources you may wish to use.
- Encyclopedia of associations, REF 060 En1
- Lists national-level associations, including professional organizations. A professional organization in your area of interest might be a source for you to find volunteer or internship opportunities.
- Peterson's internships, REF 331.25922 P44
- Lists over 50,000 internship opportunities. Interns work for a limited time with an
employer to gain experience and references. Some internships are paid, some unpaid.
- Associations on the Net - http://www.ipl.org/div/aon/
- Another way to find associations. Organized by topics.
- Gateway to Associations Online - http://www.asaecenter.org/Community/Directories/AssociationSearch.cfm
- Another way to find associations. Searchable.
- Oregon Community Resource Directory - http://www.oregon.gov/ohcs/Pages/CRD_Community_Resources_Services_in_Oregon.aspx
- Supported by the state Employment Department, OCRD provides access to workforce and social services resources throughout Oregon. Searchable by name, type of services, or geographical location.
- Volunteer Match - http://www.volunteermatch.org/
- Volunteer opportunities, searchable by Zip code, distance, and interest area.
- Volunteer Solutions - http://www.volunteersolutions.org/
- Lets the user connect with opportunities at United Way agencies. Searchable by Zip code, distance, and interest area.
- The International Partnership for Service-Learning and Leadership - http://www.ipsl.org/
- A program for volunteering/service learning abroad
Need More Help?
The reference librarians are happy to help you. Stop at the reference desk, call 503-399-5231, or e-mail.
Updated: March 2013
or call (503)399-5231.
Address of this page: