- Authors: Finding Biographical Information About Authors
- Gives sources and techniques for finding information about authors' lives.
- ARTstor: Accessing and Using ARTStor Image Database
- Provides links to instructional handouts on ARTstor Image Database.
- Biographies: Finding Information About a Person
- Gives advice on finding information in the the library search and in reference sources.
- Boolean Searching
- Explains the basics of searching by combining terms using AND, OR, and NOT.
- Career Exploration
- Resources for exploring career possibilities on the Internet and in reference books.
- CINAHL: How To Use
- Advice on using the Cumulated Index To Nursing And Allied Health Literature (CINAHL).
- Citation Helpers
- Some article databases will do citations for you! Here's where to find citation builders in our library databases.
- Citing Sources from Online Databases
- How to cite: periodicals accessed through electronic databases
such as Gale Academic Onefile and LexisNexis; and electronic books from
NetLibrary and other sources using APA and MLA styles.
- Colleges and Financial Aid: Scholarship Books in Chemeketa's Library
- A list of reference books and web sites to assist you with locating and applying for financial aid resources.
- ebrary: Using Chemeketa's electronic books on the ebrary platform
- Basic information on using ebrary books , with links to information on downloading for offline use.
- Ethical Use of Information Tutorial
- An online tutorial about avoiding plagiarism and using source material correctly.
- Finding resources on fundraising in Chemeketa's library
- List of fundraising resources.
- Google Scholar: How to Set Google Scholar to Find Chemeketa Journals
- Instructions for setting Google Scholar on your computer.
- Gale periodical database basics
- How to use the Gale databases to find articles in magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Guide to Internet Search Tools
- Links to Internet search engines and directories.
- Introduction to Library Resources
- A basic review of the resources offered by the library.
- Inventors & Inventions: How to find information
- A guide to printed and online sources for information about inventions.
- Job Search: Preparing for the Changing Workplace
- Career, job search, and service learning resources.
- Journals: finding journals or known articles
- A guide to finding a particular journal in electronic or print form.
- Lexis Nexis: the Basics
- A guide to using the database for simple news, business, and biographical searches.
- Literature Resouce Center: A Guide to the Basics
- Guide to using a literature reference database providing biographical and critical information on literary figures from all time periods.
- Printing Help
- Information about using the printing system at Chemeketa.
- Pro & Con: Finding Materials That Support a Position
- How to find books, articles, and Web sites that support a particular position.
- Resources for Research
- Advice on research techniques and sources
- Scholarly vs. Popular
- A brief guide to what is meant by "scholarly journals and books"
- Specialized Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- How to use the library search to find specialized subject dictionaries and encyclopedias
- ARTstor - Accessing ARTstor image database
- Video tutorial on how to access the ARTstor database to find art images.
- Boolean Searching Tutorial
Teaches how to use the commands AND, OR, and NOT to search computerized databases.
- How to Use CINAHL
- Three audiovisual tutorials on using the Cumulated Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL): Using CINAHL headings, Refining your search, and Interpreting Search Results.
- ebrary (Proquest) channel
- Short videos on all aspects of the ebrary e-book platform.
- Finding Evidence-Based Articles in CINAHL
- Shows an easy way to limit your search to evidence-based articles.
- Developing a Topic
A tutorial to help you choose and develop an appropriate topic. Provided by the Cooperative Library Instruction Project.
- Using MEDLINE To Find Evidence-Based Articles
- Shows how to use MEDLINE customized for Chemeketa Community College.
- How to use the MeSH browser to find MEDLINE headings
- MEDLINE works best with its special medical subject headings. This tutorial tells you how to use the MeSH browser to search by those headings.
- Using SIC And NAICS Codes in Business Directories
- A brief video on using codes to look up types of businesses. Has a brief, ungraded, self-test.
To comment or request help, please e-mail Reference or call 503.399.5231.
Address of this page: http://library.chemeketa.edu/instruction/howto.php
Updated: 19 December 2014