Library How-To Guides & Tutorials
- Authors: Finding Biographical Information About Authors
- Gives sources and techniques for finding information about authors' lives.
- ARTstor: Accessing and Using ARTStor Image Database
- Provides links to instructional handouts on ARTstor Image Database.
- Biographies: Finding Information About a Person
- Gives advice on finding information in the catalog, in periodicals, and in reference sources.
- Explains the basics of searching by combining terms using AND, OR, and NOT.
- Career Exploration
- Resources for exploring career possibilities on the Internet and in reference books.
- CINAHL: How To Use ItEffectively
- Advice on using the Cumulated Index To Nursing And Allied Health Literature (CINAHL).
- Citation Helpers
- Some article databases will do citations for you! Here's where to find citation builders in our library databases.
- Citing Sources from Online Databases
- How to cite: periodicals accessed through electronic databases
such as Gale Academic Onefile and LexisNexis; and electronic books from
NetLibrary and other sources using APA and MLA styles.
- Colleges and Financial Aid: Scholarship Books in Chemeketa's Library
- A list of reference books and web sites to assist you with locating and applying for financial aid resources.
- ebrary: Using Chemeketa's electronic books on the ebrary platform
- Basic information on using ebrary books at Chemeketa, with a link to information on downloading.
- Ethical Use of Information Tutorial
- An online tutorial about avoiding plagiarism and using source material correctly.
- Finding resources on fundraising in Chemeketa's library
- List of fundraising resources
- Gale periodical database basics
- How to use the Gale databases to find articles in magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Guide to Internet Search Tools
- Links to Internet search engines and directories.
- Introduction to Library Resources
- A basic review of the resources offered by the library.
- Inventors & Inventions: How to find information
- A guide to printed and online sources for information about inventions.
- Job Search: Preparing for the Changing Workplace
- Career, job search, and service learning resources.
- Journals: finding journals or known articles
- A guide to finding a particular journal in electronic or print form.
- Lexis Nexis: the Basics
- A guide to using the database for simple news, business, and biographical searches.
- Library Catalog: How to use it
- The basics of how to use the library catalog to look up books and audio-visual material.
- Library E-commerce: How to pay charges online
- Step by step guide to the payment function of the library catalog.
- Literature Resouce Center: A Guide to the Basics
- Guide to using a literature reference database providing biographical and critical information on literary figures from all time periods.
- Pro & Con: Finding Materials That Support a Position
- How to find books, articles, and Web sites that support a particular position.
- Research Tips
- Advice on formulating your research need and on evaluating sources
- Scholarly vs. Popular
- A brief guide to what is meant by "scholarly journals and books"
- Specialized Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- How to use the catalog to find specialized subject dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Summit, the Orbis Cascade Alliance catalog
- How to search in Summit, how to request books through Summit, and how to register as a visiting patron at another Alliance library.
ARTstor - Accessing ARTstor image database
- Video tutorial on how to access the ARTstor database to find art images.
Boolean Searching Tutorial
Teaches how to use the commands AND, OR, and NOT to search computerized databases.
How to Use CINAHL
- Three audiovisual tutorials on using the Cumulated Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL): Using CINAHL headings, Refining your search, and Interpreting Search Results.
- Finding Evidence-Based Articles in CINAHL
- Shows an easy way to limit your search to evidence-based articles.
Developing a Topic
A tutorial to help you choose and develop an appropriate topic. Provided by the Cooperative Library Instruction Project.
- Using MEDLINE To Find Evidence-Based Articles
- Shows how to use MEDLINE customized for Chemeketa Community College.
- How to use the MeSH browser to find MEDLINE headings
- MEDLINE works best with its special medical subject headings. This tutorial tells you how to use the MeSH browser to search by those headings.
- Using SIC And NAICS Codes in Business Directories
- A brief video on using codes to look up types of businesses. Has a brief, ungraded, self-test.