In the Salem Campus Library
Enrolled students, employees, and CCRLS Partners (Chemeketa ID or CCRLS Partners card required) are welcome to use the Student Computer Center. Over 100 computers in the center run the Windows operating system and many common software applications used in Chemeketa courses. Some computers have special programs; see the Student Computer Center Software.
Instructional assistants are available to provide general assistance and computer tutoring.
The computer center is divided into three zones (see Computer Center Map), indicated by colored flags on top of each monitor.
- Student use computers are indicated by a yellow flag labeled “student”
- Academic computers with course-specific, specialized software (e.g., InDesign) are indicated by a purple flag labeled “academic”
- Public use computers are available for patrons with a Partners’ card and are indicated by a green flag labeled “public library”
To sign into a computer, click the Available message on the screen and enter the 14-digit number from the bottom of your Student ID (or Partners) card. For purple Academic computers, ask at Help Desk 2.
These flags can also signal that you need assistance from a staff member. Simply stand the flag upright in the holder.
The Student Computer Center is open during library hours until 15 minutes before closing. See the Library Hours page for exceptions and holidays.
- Can I print in the library?
Are there additional computers for students?
- Twenty computers are available in the Instruction Room (Rm. 240) for Chemeketa student or employee use when the room is not being used by Library staff for instruction or training
- These computers are equipped with MS Office Suite and web browsers
- To log in, click the Available link and enter a Chemeketa ID barcode number
- Black and white prints cost $0.05 per page.
Can members of the public use library computers?
- There are eight computers for public users in the Salem campus library; they have green flags marked "Public Library" on top of the monitors.
- Users can click the screen where it says "Available" and log in with the barcode number from a CCRLS Partners card (please see our Borrower Services page for card information).
Do you have computers for students to check out?
Surface Pro tablets for Nursing Students
- The library has five Surface Pro tablets for students in the Nursing practicum
- Tablets check out for one term
- Students must provide their Chemeketa Nursing ID and their Chemeketa student ID to check out a Surface.
How can I connect with campus WiFi?
If you have a previous connection to CCCStudent or CCCEmployee, forget it on your device.
- Connect to the network CCC-Connect
- You will be redirected to a login page (wifi.chemeketa.edu)
- Use your My Chemeketa username and password to log in
- Follow the instructions presented
- Once you have completed the process, use the CCCStudent or CCCEmployee network
Visitors should ask for assistance at the Circulation desk.
Can students from other colleges use the library computers?
Yes. Students can be adopted as Chemeketa patrons . Please see "Can a student of another college borrow from Chemeketa's library" on the Borrower Services page for the procedure to obtain a card.
What other equipment is available in the library?
Headphones, DVD drives, and other computer accessories can be checked out for use in the library. For more information, please see Equipment and Facilities.
In the Yamhill Valley Campus Library
The computer center has 27 computers and is part of the Library and Tutoring Center at YVC. The lab can also serve as a library instruction room.
To schedule library instruction, faculty can contact the library directly by phone or by email
Enrolled students (student ID required) are welcome to use the center. Computers run the Windows operating system and have many programs. See the Student Computer Center Software list for more details. Students may use the center for general or course-related work. Tutors are available to help. Printing and photocopying is available for $0.05 per page.
To sign into a computer click the Available message on the screen and enter the 14-digit number from the bottom of your ID card.
Open during library hours until fifteen minutes before closing. See the Library Hours page for exceptions and holidays.