Frequently Asked Questions about the Library
Library cards: How do I get a library card?
Your library card for Chemeketa is your Chemeketa ID card. CCRLS public library cards can be used to request public library books or obtain a Partners' card. For information about obtaining cards, please see the Borrower Services page.
Textbooks: Does the library have my textbook?
- Instructors or programs may place copies of textbooks on academic reserve in the library
- To see whether the library has your textbook, use the course reserves search to look up your course number (example: ART205)
- Most textbook reserves check out on your ID card for two hours of in-library use
- Books with AD, TRIO, or VESL are for students in certain programs and check out for the term
The College has a Textbook Lending Library that is housed in the library on academic reserve. These books check out for the entire term.
- You can recognize them in the library course reserves search by call numbers that start with "CL"
- For details please see the Affordable Textbooks page
The library does not purchase the textbooks for Chemeketa courses.
Computers: Do you have computers I can use?
Yes. Please see the the Computer Services page for full information.
Copying: Where can I make copies? How much do they cost?
On Salem campus:
- Three black and white photocopy machines in the Library Print Center
- Copies cost $.05 per page
On the Yamhill Valley Campus:
- The library has one copier
- Copies cost $.05 per page
Printing: Can I print from computers in the library?
Yes. Printing costs $.05 per page. For full information on our printing system, please see About Printing and Copying at Chemeketa.
Scanners: Does the library have scanners I can use?
At Salem Campus:
- Scanners for student use are at Academic Station 01 and Student Station 25
- Help from an instructional assistant is available if needed
- Scanning for oversize items is available; please ask the instructional assistant at help desk one.
At the Yamhill Valley Campus:
- Scanner in the Student Lab at Computer #27
Wireless network: How do I access the wireless network?
If you have a previous connection to CCCStudent or CCCEmployee, forget it on your device.
- Connect to the network CCC-Connect
- You will be redirected to a login page (wifi.chemeketa.edu)
- Use your My Chemeketa username and password to log in
- Follow the instructions presented
- Once you have completed the process, use the CCCStudent or CCCEmployee network
Visitors should ask for assistance at the Circulation desk.
Wireless network: Can I print from the wireless network?
Yes. For information please see our Wireless Printing page.
- Off campus access: Can I access your electronic resources from off campus?
Do you have electronic books?
Yes. For more information please see our About E-Books page.
- Fines: Can I pay library fines or fees online?