Frequently Asked Questions About The Library
Is the library open?
For times of operation please see our hours page. The library will be open for the following services without an appointment:
- Materials or equipment checkout or return
- Wireless connection help
The following services will require an appointment:
Library cards: How do I get a library card?
- Your student ID card is your library card
- On the Salem campus, Student Retention and College Life (Building 2, Rm 176) can issue your ID while you wait.
- At the Yamhill Valley campus you may obtain a Chemeketa ID card in building 1 at the service desk
- You do not need your card for remote access and requesting
- Use your regular Chemeketa single sign on login to sign into our Primo Library Search or access databases
CCRLS public library cards can be used to request public library books or obtain a Partners' card. For information about obtaining cards, please see the Borrower Services page.
Textbooks: Does the library have my textbook?
- The college is offering free digital textbooks for many Chemeketa courses this term and has created a page to help you use them.
- Instructors or programs may place copies of textbooks on academic reserve in the library
- The College has a Textbook Lending Library that is housed in the library on academic reserve; these books check out for the entire term
- You can recognize them in the library course reserves search by call numbers that start with "CL"
- PC textbook reserves check out on your ID card for two hours of in-library use
- Books with AD or IET codes are for students in certain programs and check out for the term with a form from the course instructor
- Information and instructions for borrowing textbooks
The library does not purchase the textbooks for Chemeketa courses.
Computers: Does the library have computers I can use?
Yes. For information about computers on campus, please see Computer Services.
Chemeketa has netbooks, Chromebooks, and laptop computers to check out. You can pick up or return computers at one of four locations:
- Salem Campus
- Yamhill Valley Campus
- Polk Center
For further information, please see https://libraryguides.chemeketa.edu/laptops.
Copying: Where can I make copies? How much do they cost?
On Salem campus:
- Three black and white photocopy machines in the Library Print Center
- Copies cost $.05 per page
On the Yamhill Valley Campus:
- The library has one copier
- Copies cost $.05 per page
How do I connect to the wireless network?
Chemeketa wifi is available inside campus buildings and has been extended to specific areas of the parking lot at the Salem and Yamhill Valley campuses and at the Woodburn, Polk and Brooks centers. Students can connect to the internet while staying in their cars and maintaining social distancing.
Where to connect in parking lots: Map showing Wi-Fi coverage and other information
How to connect:
- If you have a previous connection to CCCStudent or CCCEmployee, forget it on your device
- Connect to the network CCC-Connect
- You will be redirected to a login page (wifi.chemeketa.edu)
- Use your regular Chemeketa username and password to log in
- Follow the instructions presented
- Once you have completed the process, use the CCCStudent (or CCCEmployee) network
Having problems? Call the Computer Center Help Desk at 503.399.2543 or stop in at the library (no appointment needed)
- Off campus access: Can I access your electronic resources from off campus?
Do you have electronic books?
Yes. For more information please see our About E-Books page.
- Fines: Can I pay library fines or fees online?
- How do I return materials?