Frequently Asked Questions About The Library
Is the library open?
From March 30, 2020 - June 11, 2021 the Library is operating remotely and many resources are available to you, including college Lending Library textbooks and books from the regular collection. For staff availability please see our hours page. The physical library building is closed.
- How do I get a library card?
Does the library have my textbook?
The college maintains a Lending Library of textbooks that can be checked out for the term. Not every course is included.
- Information and instructions for borrowing textbooks
Computers: Does the library have computers I can use?
Yes. Chemeketa has netbooks, Chromebooks, and laptop computers to check out. You can pick up or return computers at one of four locations:
- Salem Campus
- Yamhill Valley Campus
- Polk Center
For further information, please see https://libraryguides.chemeketa.edu/laptops.
For information about computers on campus, please see Computer Services.
How do I connect to the wireless network?
Chemeketa wifi has been extended to specific areas of the parking lot at the Salem and Yamhill Valley campuses and at the Woodburn, Polk and Brooks centers. Students can connect to the internet while staying in their cars and maintaining social distancing.
Where to connect: Map showing Wi-Fi coverage and other information
Your public library may also have computers and free wifi available. Contact your public library for more information.
How to connect:
- If you have a previous connection to CCCStudent or CCCEmployee, forget it on your device
- Connect to the network CCC-Connect
- You will be redirected to a login page (wifi.chemeketa.edu)
- Use your regular Chemeketa username and password to log in
- Follow the instructions presented
- Once you have completed the process, use the CCCStudent (or CCCEmployee) network
Having problems? Call the IT Help Desk at 503.399.7899.
- Off campus access: Can I access your electronic resources from off campus?
Do you have electronic books?
Yes. For more information please see our About E-Books page.
- Fines: Can I pay library fines or fees online?
- How do I return materials?